Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Children's Halloween Garland



I wanted to make a darling garland for Halloween this year.  My parents always made Halloween a fun, happy, candy-filled day rather than too spooky, and I want to keep that tradition alive.  I whipped up a few illustrations in my sketchbook, scanned them into my computer and colored them in digitally in PS. 


[right-click to save and then open the picture and print it]


Then I used a punch to cut out some scalloped circles that are slightly larger.  I made 2 for each illustrated circle.  You can print as many pages of the pictures as you like and make the garland repeat.  You can even cut out the pictures for both sides of the scalloped circles...get creative :)  You can also put cute shiny stars or other spacers in between each picture on your ribbon.

  
I glued the picture to the scalloped circle and then glued a washer/penny to the back of the scalloped circle.  Then I glued the second scalloped circle to the back to cover the washer/penny.

I measured the length that I wanted my garland to be and cut a ribbon about 3 inches longer.  I spaced out the pictures evenly and glued them on with a hot glue gun (not pictured).

I turned out cute and is fun to have hanging up for the little guy to see :)  If you make this project, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see your pictures!!

GIVEAWAY!
Scroll to the next post entitled "A new toy and a giveaway" and leave a comment to enter to win some cute Halloween postcards :)



7 comments:

  1. so cute Emily! I love this blog of yours. This would be a way fun project for Max. Thanks for sharing! I love how you can just "whip up" those illustrations. I admire people that can draw b/c I'm not artistic in that way at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be making one of these with Lydia! Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute! Makes me wish I had a colored printer. Love this new blog, it is fantastic! You are so so so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog, and I am thrilled with the Halloween banner idea.
    Keep up the good work!
    I am quite sure that my 4 grandkiddos would love it!
    Nettie
    nettiecrain@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! way too cute! my girls (6 & 8) will love this.
    thanks for sharing
    susan
    slbela59@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Emily!!!! I'm so glad you're sharing your talents :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Emily for sharing you work. My grandchildren will love this.

    ReplyDelete