Monday, October 4, 2010

Charity Auction

About a month ago, I was asked to donate some of my art to a local charity auction for the Northwest Infant Survival and SIDS Alliance.  I personally know too many parents who have lost their little ones far too early, some due to SIDS or other complications.  I was honored to be a part of this!  Being a mother myself, I know that the love a parent has for their child is indescribable, no matter how long or short their life is here on earth.  I also know that we will be able to live together again someday as families.  I wanted to create a couple of new pieces that would be appropriate for this fundraiser.  Here they are!  
'You Give My Heart Wings'

'Daddy Loves You'

This is how they look framed.  

The middle section is for a child's photo.  

I'm thinking of listing these as a limited edition print in my Etsy shop (that isn't currently open).  What do you guys think?  Would they sell?  Why am I so darn apprehensive?  How much do you think is reasonable for an 8x10?  I'd love to hear your thoughts...even if I don't know you!  Thanks for all the love :)  I hope you have a very Happy Monday!  Go play in the sunshine and if it's cloudy, make yourself an ice cream cone anyway :)  Doctor's orders!

1 comment:

  1. Geeze Emily. Like I said earlier, you really have talent. I LOVE your illustrations and these pull at my heart strings. Let me know when you're putting them in your shop because I want to buy one! I love the hearts with wings, it's all so darling. Keep up the great stuff. I am loving it, you creative girl.

    ReplyDelete