Sunday, October 10, 2010

Under the rainy weather...

Whew, I caught a feisty little bug this weekend that has stopped me in my tracks!  My very patient husband has let me get all the rest I need while he's entertained our bitsy boy, but I can't wait until this cold is on his way out of town!  I miss feeling healthy and having energy :)  With all my downtime, I've had a few moments to make a new little illustration...one that's very appropriate with the constant rain we've been having these past few days.  I've always loved the rain.  It makes everything look greener, feel fresher, and I love the way the street lamps glow on dark, damp nights.  It feels so cozy and quiet.  



So let me introduce you to Patrick and Lucille.  They are snuggled underground with their warm cups of cocoa (melted marshmallows included), busy chatting in hushed tones about their days and their excitement for the upcoming holiday season.

What do you love to do most on rainy, soggy days?


2 comments:

  1. I love Patrick's cute red boots and the color of their cups. and of course the darling illustration as a whole. again, SO cute Em!! we missed you in church and hope you feel better so so soon!!

    i love that for some reason when it rains, the world seems to take a breather, slow down, and relax a little.
    i love that for some reason when it rains, it makes you want to snuggle up with your hubby and be all lovey and romantic.
    i love that for some reason when it rains it brings out the youthful feel in me... like i want to put on some boots and splash around, or at least remember those days long ago when i did such things.
    i love that for some reason when it rains, i like to curl up and read a great book, even when i'm not normally an avid reader.



    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Em! This is so great, I love that you have this blog. Your illustrations would make a beautiful children's book.

    Rainy days are for baking. (So says me)

    ReplyDelete