Do you ever wish you had cute, modern art for your child's room that doesn't cost a ton? I know that it can be difficult to find exactly what you're looking for, so why not make it yourself? And as an added bonus...it can be meaningful and personal!
I made this piece of art in Photoshop Elements for my son's 1st birthday.
1) I opened up a photo that I took for his 1st birthday in PSE.
2) I chose my foreground color and my background color (orange and white)
3) I went to the Filter tab at the top menu bar.
Under the filter tab, I went to sketch and chose stamp effect.
4) I played around with the light/dark balance and smoothness until I found a happy medium.
5) I added one more gold/yellow color for the sky.
6) I added the first letter of his name in the foreground color and decreased the opacity just a tad.
And voila!! There you have it! SO SIMPLE!
I found that it works best when you have some strong graphic prints in the photo like stripes or when the subject is against a simple background. My photo worked well because it's a bit more artistic in the sense that his face is away from the camera. Also, you could add numbers, a fancier monogram or an initial in a fresh, modern font, etc. Be creative! That's the fun of it!
I would love to see your finished products if you try this out! Email it to me at email@example.com and I will try to post the results for all to see!