Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bitsy Bug Birthday Illustration

I just finished this illustration last night.  It's not one of the 4 that I was talking about yesterday (still working on those, but they will be coming soon), but it brightens my day and gives me hope for the warmer weather to come.  Picnics in the park...oh how I miss thee!  Anyhoo, I think a lot of my art is inspired by little animals and happy memories I have as a child.  I'm putting together a series of 'Celebration Cards' to be up in my Etsy shop.  This is one in the series.  

When I was a little girl, I used to believe that all the little creatures...insects, cats, squirrels, you name it...led human-like lives and carried on just like we did with birthday parties, brushing their teeth before bed, going to school every weekday, and on and on.  

I remember one night when I followed my cat, Patches, outside and I was careful to stay far enough behind so that she wouldn't notice I was following her :)  Haha!  I was so stealth!  She walked across the street and ducked into our neighbor's hedge.  So of course I followed after her.  I found multiple little tunnels that she had probably carved out over time just by walking through there so often.  I thought it was magical and a whole unexplored world and I was CERTAIN that my beliefs of their secret little lives were true!!  And who's to say their not? :)  Isn't imagination cool?  It can lead to so much creativity!

Hope you all have a happy day!  

Bitsy Bug Birthday by Emily Burnette

No comments:

Post a Comment