Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Immediate Inspiration

Winter is trying his darndest (is that a super old fashioned word?  eh who cares, I like it!)  to hang around a little longer.  Like yesterday...I took my little boy to a free day at the Pacific Science Center and we waited outside for almost 45 minutes.  He was happy and bundled, and snacked on yogurt-covered pretzels while we waited.   I think my hands were numb by the time we made it inside, but it was definitely worth it!  HE LOVES THAT PLACE!  I think any 2 year old would!  We had been once before and he knew right where he wanted to go...to see the huge animatronic Praying Mantis :)  I love watching his mind work as he figures out what interests him.  Soon after, we headed to the Tropical Butterfly House to warm up!  A very comfy 80 degrees :)  He also had lots of fun making music in a room full of drums and other instruments.  He loves to be creative.  I think regardless of what we create with, we all have that need within us.

This morning I woke up to SUNSHINE!!  Something about sunshine!!  It fuels my creativity and just brightens my outlook and mood.  

I did something SUPER brave (for me) this past weekend.  I'm sure some would say 'Yeah...and?', but it was a big deal for me and I'm proud of myself.  I'll share about my little leap of faith in a couple of weeks if when all goes according to plan :)  

But for now, I just thought I'd share a simple photo that gave me immediate inspiration to create 4 new drawings.  


Well, this photo and some silliness at my son's recent birthday party.  I have all my sketches all done and now I'm working on finalizing their details and coloring them.  I can't wait to share them with you!

Are you ever inspired so deeply by something that you just have to be creative yourself?  If so, I'd love to hear about it!  

1 comment:

  1. Hot air balloons ALWAYS brighten up my day! Very excited to see the drawings!

    ReplyDelete