Thursday, April 21, 2011

L'arc en ciel de portes


I love COLOR!!!
Complimentary, 
contrasting, 
bold, 
washed-out, 
pastel,
vibrant,
the list goes on and on. 

I love the combos you can create and the inspiration you can derive!!  Maybe that's why dyeing Easter eggs is so much fun...can't wait to do it this year with Michael and John!!

Speaking of inspiration...
France has so much history and character...just a small part of the charm it holds for many, including me!  While we were there 2 months ago (it's been that long already?!), I kept noticing all of the brightly painted and unique doors in Paris and also up north in the smaller villages of Normandy.  I snapped some shots of my favorites to make a colorful collage.  Here are just a handful of my doors (and one window I think).  I know this idea isn't new, but I love it none the less :)  And the fact that they are my own photos makes it meaningful to me...believe it or not, I remember where each photo was taken and that makes me think of the memories I have from our time together in France.  













I do have a copyright on my photography and art, but as an Easter gift, I thought I would share these photos with you for your personal use should you desire to create something like a collage or postcards...it's up to you!  You can download them individually here.  Can I make one small request?  If you decide to use these on your own blog or share them on the web in some way, would you please link back to this original post?  A million thanks!!  I hope you all have a memorable weekend with your family and friends!




3 comments:

  1. THANK you for this! I actually Tumbled it (http://mutantsupermodel.tumblr.com). I would love to do this in my home. I wonder if my city would accept it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome!! Thanks for the mention on Tumblr :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I have talked about painting my front door purple and now have decided to do all the outside doors different colors! I live in the country so I don't give a flip what the city thinks!

    ReplyDelete