Friday, July 1, 2011

New illustrations




 Are you like me and enjoy seeing the workspaces of artists?  Ha ha, maybe, maybe not!  I always think it's interesting and beautiful to see where other artists create.  And trust me, I've been *creating* up a storm!!!  Hence the lack of blogging lately, but I have SO MANY fun projects to post...just give me another week until the art festival prep is done and I promise I'll be back with some great tutorials!


I figured I was painting everything else...might as well include my toes :)




Then I got a little camera happy and captured my midnight-thirty hair-do or lack of one.  I'm a pretty laid-back kind of girl, especially when I'm painting.  

Here are a couple I've recently finished...

 'I Carry Your Heart' 8x10 watercolor
'Special Delivery' 8x10 Watercolor

I think I've made messes in every single room in our house (minus Michael's room and the bathroom) with all my felt clippings, papers, brushes, ribbons, fabric scraps, and paint trays.  I'm loving the process and can't wait to show you all the goodies!  These two illustrations are just a sneak peek :)    

Next week, I'll update my good ol' Etsy shoppe with professional art prints of my illustrations that I'll also have for sale at the festival.  Are any of you local Seattle-ites?  I'd love to see you there.  Come and say hi to me :)  It's going to be twice as big as last year, with lots of free concerts, puppet shows and face painting for the children, yummy food from local vendors like Veraci Pizza and Half Pint Ice Cream, and loads of amazing artists, photographers, sculptors, painters.  I attended a festival meeting last weekend and all of the artists are so encouraging and such kind souls.  I have butterflies in my stomach from excitement!  For readers out there who aren't in the United States, is that a statement you would use?  As much work as this festival prep has been, I absolutely love it and I'm not tired of it.  Yes, I'm tired and I should really be in bed right now, but not tired of creating.  I have more ideas than I have time for.  But everything has its season.  So I'm jotting down lots of lists for upcoming projects :)  More to come very soon!!




1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I just came across your blog through Love Charla Anne.... I saw your comment and stopped by for a visit... I love your illustration work... I actually just did a skirt that has a Bicycle on it...I hand embroidered it... It was in my Etsy shop but I have just recently pulled off from there but would Love to have over for a visit at my blog...
    Blessings
    Angelina
    http://shoprubyjean.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-first-bunting.html

    ReplyDelete