Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dear Photograph

Do you ever stumble upon an idea that is so clever and witty that it just makes you smile and want to re-create it yourself?  I'm so happy that I found this new website, Dear Photograph.  Being a lover of photography myself, I think this idea perfectly represents one of the reasons that I value photographs so much...capturing a memory and all the feelings that go with it.  

Basic concept:
Take an old photo of a special memory and insert it into the present-day scene.
Below are some of my favorites, but there are endless images to browse.  Enjoy!

Oh, and make sure to read the captions below the photos...it's a great mix of witty, hilarious, honest and heartfelt sentiments.

Dear Photograph,
Disney will always be magical, no matter what age.
Leslie Kalbfleisch

Dear Photograph,

There’s a reason we had to paint these stairs blue. They just weren’t as colorful without these two.

mohocreative

Dear Photograph,
I’ll always remember my first fish.
Brian Thurman

Dear Photograph,
That swing always brought a smile to my face.
Anonymous

Dear Photograph,
Dad never took a picture of me, ever. Then I noticed his reflection in the glass.Happy Father’s Day, Dad.
Anonymous

All images from DearPhotograph.com

5 comments:

  1. Maybe it's just my pregnancy hormones but I totally teared up looking at these memories that other people made. I'm a sucker for anything sentimental, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I've just stumbled upon your blog and I LOVE it! Here it's full of colors, inspirations and happiness :) I'm a new follower now!

    These photographs are just amazing, the idea is so clever! Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a simple but wonderful way to share memories ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for my english but i am french, I just want to say you those pictures are wonderfull!! I love it so much!!

    ReplyDelete