Thursday, August 4, 2011

DIY Photo Globe Mobile Tutorial

Remember when I posted this idea a while ago? 



  Shorty thereafter, I was contacted by an editor from Photojojo who asked me to write a tutorial to make *photo* globes.  Oh, and I should mention that right after I received the email request, I was browsing the shelves at my local Barnes and Noble bookstore and I saw a book:  Photojojo: Insanely Great Photo Projects and DIY ideas.  Whoa, I thought!  They have a book out?  HOW COOL that they asked me to contribute to their website!

I wanted to share the tutorial with you!!  

This is the link to my Photojojo write-up, but I've also included the photo steps below.  For detailed instructions, head over to Photojojo!  At the end of the tutorial, I've included steps to take it further with lots of different uses.  If you make one, I'd love to see your creativity!  Feel free to email me your project photos at recipe4cute@gmail.com

Materials:
Photos
Cute craft paper
Scissors
Glue gun
Scoring tool
Wire 
Paper Punch


Step 1


Step 2


Step 3


Step 4


Step 5


Final Product!


It's hanging in my son's room now and he loves to point out mommy, dad, and himself :)

19 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable!! and safe for a baby to have around...Thank you for sharing...Angel Hugs Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, love all the colors!

    I run Fun Family Crafts, a site similar in nature to Craftgawker and Spotlight, but different in that it's a library of craft tutorials geared only at kids. I would love it if you'd stop by and submit this to be featured! (I link to you, I don't post your tutorial on the site) Feel free to submit as many kid friendly craft tutorials as you like! http://funfamilycrafts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! We are expecting a baby boy due in a month, will definitely make one for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ADORE this! I've already just made one to hang in my classroom and I plan on having the kids create single spheres as hanging christmas decorations this year. Thanks for the fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how it looks hanging above the crib! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great, i am so doing this, need to update my old mobile. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My nephew would love this baby mobile! I'll be making one soon! However, I can't use this in my scrapbooking projects. But I would be making this definitely. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This mobile is so innovative! I love that you include photos of families for the baby to look at. What a fun way to teach face recognition & colors at the same time! When I saw this tutorial, I recall I have a stack of pretty paper in my drawer just waiting to be used, so I will be making a few to pretty up my studio. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. where did you get the wire mobile parts?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful....congratulations!!!! greeting from Chile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where can I find the wire mobile parts?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you make the actual wire that the paper globes hang from? Or did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi guys :)

    I just posted where to find the wire parts as my latest post...I really hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patricia P.October 17, 2011

    Hello Emily,
    I can't find the post where you posted the info about the wire parts.. I'm new to this blogging thing, but I always end up with your wonderful creations through pinterest!!!! ;o)
    Thanks for everything and everything you is absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Patricia,
    Thank you for your sweet comment :) This project is so much fun to make!! I posted the link to my post about the wire parts below. You can also use the search box on the right-hand side of the blog to look for a particular post as well. I hope this helps!! Thanks for coming by :)

    http://emilyburnette.blogspot.com/2011/10/wire-parts-for-mobiles.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. AnonymousJune 08, 2012

    Please can you tell me the paper name??
    im from Mexico!!!!!
    i <3 it *0*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always made these at christmas using the cards from the previous year...tiny ones look good on the tree too! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a great site, glad I saw this it was so helpful. have you read about http://www.babycribmobilekit.com, another great website! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Made these for my daughter and a year later she still loves them!!

    ReplyDelete