Thursday, September 15, 2011

Vacation

If ya hadn't noticed, we're on vacation around here :)

I'm simply soaking up the last few precious weeks of summer fun and sun with my two favorites.  

 Enjoying his "orange chips" and watching Thomas the Train at Spindrift in Tofino.

 He has THE best smile!  It lights up my heart!


We brought glow sticks with us and used them for a nighttime stroll on the beach.  Don't worry, we didn't let Michael chomp on them...I think he initially thought they were pixie sticks?!  They he quickly changed his idea and used them as a trumpet to make music while we walked :) 

 (Views of the sunset from the house we stay in every year...they never get old!)

(surfing is THE sport here!)

We're away in peaceful Tofino, British Columbia (Canada).  It's tradition...John and I came here on our honeymoon and we've come back every year since minus one...this marks our 7th trip.  It's our slice of heaven here on earth.  We come, relax, make delicious food, take long walks on Chesterman Beach every day, make sand castles, go swimming, stay up late with toasty roaring fires, watching movies, and eating ice cream in bed, take lots of naps (because we stayed up way too late :)  ), play countless games of Yahtzee, create with Play Dough, read stories, chase dogs (well, Michael does!), watch colorful sunsets, and enjoy just being together.  It's sooooo good to 'get away from it all'.  

4 comments:

  1. I see what u mean about getting away from it all! Sometimes it's a neccessity! I love the pictures so cute! And I like ur blog :) God bless ur family!

    Tell the World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun trip. Look how cute you are Em in your adorable hat and hunters. Seriously sunsets never ever get old, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today at work I was bragging about how cute MOBy is...so I pulled up your blog. Her first question was, "Is that your sister?! She is so pretty!!" It's true. You're gorgeous, Emily....without even trying. Glad you guys had so much fun--I love you. :)
    -Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys, I'm blushing! Sheesh, thanks for your sweet words :) It was such a lovely, relaxing trip just being together. Hil, it's funny you said I look 'adorable' in my hat...I was wearing it that day 'cause my hair was OUT OF CONTROL, so at least it seemed to help my cause a bit ;)

    Ann, we miss you!!! We want to come and visit SOON :) Let me know what weekend would be best for you and Rob. I LOVE YOU TOO!! :)

    ReplyDelete