Thursday, October 13, 2011

Making memories one moment at a time

'Moments are the molecules that make up eternity'.
-Neal A. Maxwell

I heard this quote years ago and I've never forgotten it.







Bedtime around here is a special part of our day.  We sing songs, say prayers, read books, and have lots of tickles and LOTS of giggles!!  My baby is now in a big boy bed (last night he slept in it for the first time and didn't even fall off!) and I can hardly believe how he has grown .  

Tonight, daddy was at his weekly soccer game, so it was just me and the kiddo.  He grabbed his Bubbaloo (John's teddy bear as a child...now Michael's) and started cuddling with him and being goofy.  My camera was in the kitchen, so I quickly grabbed it to capture this candid moment that I never want to forget.  I'm pretty sure I think to myself 'He's growing up too fast!' at least once a day.  I want to make this time count!  Some days I feel like he must be bored out of his mind (think errands, groceries, laundry, stuff like that...) and other days I feel like a pretty good mom because I've planned fun activities and outings.  I hope to have more days of the latter!   I adore how these photos capture the genuine life of the moment and that they aren't perfect.  Ahh, speaking of bedtime...it's mine :)

P.S. I edited these photos quite easily in Lightroom and finished with a few minor adjustments in Photoshop...feel free to ask me questions about my editing techniques...I have nothing to hide :)  I really love and appreciate it when artists help each other and share their knowledge.  Spread the love I say :)

  

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! So soft and sweet. I love your processing. And I love his gorgeous eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics em! The post processing on these really adds some warmth and creates a soft, sweet mood. I love it! He really is the cutest boy ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everyone else, beautiful photographs!

    ReplyDelete