Friday, April 27, 2012

Nature's Canvas

Around here, I spent most of this last week outside enjoying mother nature's artwork and took a break from creating my own.


We're fortunate enough to live about an hour away from one of the most stunning celebrations of spring...the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival.  Michael and I drove up there this week with a good friend and her sweet baby girl to soak up the beauty.  Yes, it was raining quite hard on the drive up, and yes, it rained on us while we were there, but I honestly didn't mind one bit.  I just kept saying 'This is so gorgeous!!!'  Honestly, ENDLESS fields on the most vibrant tulips with the mountains and the backdrop.  Ahhh, makes me crave wide open spaces and a slower-paced life.    


Because of all the rain, the mister had THE BEST time jumping in the puddles (even when I tried to coax him out of them so he wouldn't be freezing!).  He really was so cute :)  At one point, he was yelling 'Mom, mom LOOK!'  I looked over and his boot was stuck in the mud puddle, and he was standing in his socks...needless to say he was stripped down to his t-shirt when we got back to the car and fell fast asleep on the drive home.  
Fresh air + mud puddles + endless places to explore = one happy, sleepy boy.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment