Friday, May 25, 2012

Let's do it again!


About a month ago, I received my acceptance letter into the 7th Annual Wedgwood Art Festival and I'm SOOO looking forward to participating in this 2-day event again on July 14th/15th!  The above photo was my booth last year and I wrote all about my experience here.  I'm really grateful to have been accepted again this year with all the great talent out there!  The show is limited to 45 artists and the jury receives about twice as many applications, so I feel humbled that they granted me a spot!  Hooray!  More details will follow as the show draws closer.

In other artsy news, I've been creating a few new pieces...ones that I've had in my sketchbook for quite a while now and even longer swimming around in my imagination!  

I love monograms...so classic, simple, and refined.  And since I grew up all around apples, I chose to use apple blossoms and springtime as my main inspiration.  I really do love how it turned out and the tiny little insects add a touch of whimsy :)  

Any 'Sound of Music' fans out there?  I love that movie and its message.  I've wanted to illustrate this quote for a while now and I finally got it out onto paper.  And because it uses the same flowers as the monogram print, they can be paired together seamlessly!  


And this one is in celebration of sunshine and summertime!  Mmm, I'd better go eat that ice cream cone before it melts!  Speaking of summertime, I feel like it officially starts this weekend!!  Have any fun plans?  I'm hoping for lots of time at the beach, BBQ's with good friends, juicy watermelon, long walks at dusk, giggles with my kiddo, and (crossing my fingers) a day to sleep in!  Enjoy your weekend!!





1 comment:

  1. Wow, it seems like just yesterday you had the last one! So fun you're doing the festival again this year! They're lucky to have your amazing talent showcased.... I remember your booth being the most darling there:) I'm in love with your new prints....adorable!

    ReplyDelete