Friday, July 6, 2012

Livin' life

1) A new tutorial I'm working on
2) Piles of crafty-goodness all over my kitchen table  
3) One of probably 10 sparklers that Michael enjoyed   
4) Fresh peonies from a thoughtful friend   
5) Poppies in full bloom on a walk around the neighborhood   
6) Petit Pablo Pencil Packs all prettied up and ready to go   
7) Happy 4th!

Yep, I'm alive :)  This past month has been CUH-RAZY busy for me and my family...all good stuff happening and for that, I'm very thankful.  I'm finally coming up for air and popping in here on the blog to say HI!!!  I'm not someone who thrives on being busy all the time, and lately, life has been more than busy all. the. time.  It's not really my cup of tea, but I keep thinking to myself 'Somehow we're making this work and it's not total chaos!'.  I feel like I'm learning to just go with it more and work around the busy-ness of it all, and I'm happy about that.  So what if I have piles of crafty goodness in every room of my house right now (with Michael's cars and toys mixed in)...it means good things are getting done little by little, right?  I feel the tug of work because of deadlines, but not so much that I won't stop to play with my mister.  I'm never too busy for moments when he comes up to me and says 'Mom, I want to snuggle with you!'.  

John took a few days off work (much needed since he's been working what seems like 20 hour days lately) and we enjoyed a fun-filled 4th of July holiday on Wednesday.  It's one of my family's favorite holidays and fireworks and bbq'ing with friends and neighbors made it so special.  I've also had big chunks of time to get some productive work done for the upcoming art festival while John and Michael have gone on adventures to the park and zoo.

I'm typing this post with the window open, listening to the birds singing and the sunshine is bright and warm on my skin.  It smells like fresh-cut grass outside and John is in the kitchen singing to Michael and making us breakfast, (all while Michael carries on with his little banter of pigs and peg-legged pirates!?).  Life this morning is a little slower and I'm savoring it.  I'll tuck this memory away for more busy-ness that is sure to come my way again, probably sooner than later.  



  

2 comments:

  1. looking forward to the art festival and seeing your booth! That is such a cute picture of you with the sparkler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Em! You're awesome and life won't be so crazy after the art festival stuff dies down. Can't wait to see all your adorable creations this year! It was fun to chat for a bit at Mary's party!

    ReplyDelete