Wednesday, August 1, 2012

DIY Watercolor Labels

I have the simplest tutorial for you guys today that can be used in countless ways!

Here's what you'll need:

Inkjet Printer
Permanent Inkjet Labels...I used these
Watercolor paints of your choice
Paintbrush


Mix up the watercolor paint with water to make a colored solution...more paint than water so you don't oversaturate the labels.

Quickly paint it onto the labels...I tried 2 techniques: 1) a messy approach leaving streaks and patches of white and 2) a more fluid approach that created a softer look with no white patches. 

I let it air-dry and to speed the process up, I also used a hairdryer, but that isn't necessary.  

I inserted them painted-side down in my inkjet printer and voila!  
New labels for my Petit Pablo Pencil Pack sketchbooks!

These are so easy and inexpensive to create and the watercolor adds a custom touch.  

The package of labels comes with 400 round stickers, so you can test out more ideas like these:

Monogram stickers to seal your envelopes
Jam Jar Labels
Party Favor Seals

I could go on and on...if you try this project, send me a photo or two!  
I'd love to see how you use it :)  Have fun!



5 comments:

  1. Super cute and a great custom look. I loved hearing from you Emily. Don't be shy...it's just me;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily you done a Great Job!Cheear up, A very cost-effective and durable way to make the labels & stickers. Just awesome and a very good...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily....SO CUTE! your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Thanks for this. I might have to try sometime. Looks pretty fun. We need to start up craft nights again! I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww! Excellent presentation.. I really love it Emily, such a job well done. Very cute and it's actually very easy to do it and you can save more money from it.

    ReplyDelete