Monday, July 27, 2015

A new book coming March 2016!


This is the official cover for a book called 'What is a Temple? by Briana Kirkwood Wright and illustrated by yours truly :)  Cedar Fort Publishing is releasing it March 2016 and I still have to pinch myself that I get to work on this project.  I'm currently painting away when I have free moments (usually at night or on the weekends).  It's probably one of the hardest things I've ever done...not because of the work itself.  I could paint everyday and never tire of it, but dedicating this amount of time to creating a book while mothering my two young boys has proven pretty overwhelming.  My kind and ever-encouraging husband reminds me that the most rewarding accomplishments in life are often the most difficult as well.  I'm so thankful for this experience and for all of the generous help from my family.  Since I was a young child, I have always had a goal to write and illustrate books.  And I feel incredibly grateful to see this happening!  Thank you all for the support...more to come soon :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the cover! Can't wait to see the whole book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! My heart goes out to all your efforts and sleepless nights! It is solo hard to be a mom 24/7 and try to do other work on the side, but i am so thrilled you get to accomplish one of your goals!!! Sending love!

    ReplyDelete